Started in 1968 by members of St. Thomas the Apostle Anglican Church, St. Thomas the Apostle Nursery School has grown into a thriving non-denominational, multi-cultural community-based school.
Each school year about 100 families from Alta Vista and surrounding areas have children registered in our four programs for toddlers and pre-school aged children.
Our open-door policy encourages parents to visit and observe in the school at any time. And, for those seeking greater involvement, we welcome them to share their skills with the school as a volunteer resource. Unlike a co-operative nursery school, there is no requirement for parent duty days.
Parents and their children repeatedly tell us that they love to come to our school. It is a place where children are cherished and they know they belong. Our small size allows all the teachers to get to know each child as individuals and to give them the attention and understanding they need.
We offer four stimulating and engaging programs:
- Toddler mornings (18 months to 30 months)
- Pre-school mornings (2 ½ years to 5 years)
- Bilingual pre-school afternoons (2 ½ years to 5 years)
- 4-year-old enrichment afternoons (4 years to 5 years)
- Full day program (Monday-Thursday 9-3:00 or 9:30-3:30 and Friday 9-11:30 etc.)